Monday, May 7, 2007

Their eyes says it all......


The most common thing that come across you standing on the traffic lights waiting for the light to turn green are the children begging selling books magazines dusters flowers , people begging, cleaning cars etc.

Theirs eyes expresses something. They give us the brief view about their life. When we are busy sleeping in our air conditioned room these people are working in order to meet their two ends. We keep saying its hot outside and prefer to stay at home away from the sun while these people work in the burning sun.

I once talk to a kid selling some books, some novels. It drew my interest as it had a book I was looking for but couldn’t find it. I happened to ask him about other books that I needed. It was raining heavily that day we were in a hurry to leave that place but he was eager to sell those books to us. He told us to wait while he would call his other mates which may have the book I wanted. He was not educated and could really understand the names of the book I was talking about but I was really impressed by the way they have learned the names of some books he recognizes books by the picture made on there front page.

While his mates was coming he kept showing me other books that he had… in between he happened to tell me the place from he buy books… that place was pretty far from the place he was selling them I asked him that why do u sell them here instead of selling them near to that place as it would be easy for him to commute he replied that we have been allotted this place this to sell. I asked him then I would have been very difficult for him to travel so much.. he told me ya I go there around five in the morning to buy books and then sell them here..

After buying all the books ad paying the respective amount he told me that didi tell the books you want and I would get them for u. After selling those books he went under the bridge as it was raining heavily and started talking among his friends. The look on his face really touched my heart. He was happy as he must have earned the days living and that emotion of his really took my heart away. It made me realize that our small deed can have such an impact on others. Our small deed can bring smile on someone’s face for whom it really means a lot. Well I never visited that place again but whenever I think about it something really changes inside.

One’s such incident happened on the railway station, we were going to my cousins marriage. We were supposed to board our train from New Delhi railway station. As it was my first cousins marriage so we happened to have lot of luggage we hired a collie for carrying the load. My dad starting negotiating the price for carry that luggage but I told mom not to do that, I felt we four people could not carry that much luggage but this person is going to carry it (everything 2 suitcases bags and other things) all by himself and the money he would get is only 50 bugs. (it may sound too much for some) but I thought that he deserved it or may be little more wouldn’t hurt. I told my mom not to bargain and told her my ideology she just told me “yahan aisa hi hota hai”.. and made me quite.. and I kept thinking was it fine… he carrying so much load then also getting so little amount.

Both these events and many more left an impact on heart…. And just keep thinking about them when see them on the traffic lights..

I support people who work.. they earn their living not the one’s who beg. When they are physically fit so why not work instead of begging. People also take due advantage of this one’s my friends came across a lady who was using her pregnancy for begging money. She said that she does have enough money to go to a hospital. She happens to give her some money as that was pretty genuine (according to her) but when she saw that same lady begging again on the same road some other day then that really made her angry she told her why are u using such a thing to beg that was really mean of you…well that didn’t matter to her she just completely ignored her and went forward and from that day my friend decided never to entertain such people.

I don’t say everyone are good or they have a genuine problem but looking at some you could really make out. As I said their eyes says it all…

1 comment:

Aditya Vikram Lohia said...

hye nidhi.well this blog is really nice:)i wanted to tell u a few things.firstly i believe that nothing should make a person feel sympathic 4 other.what was good about yor bolg was that u helped him again say the money he took home was used by his drunk(may be) father who beets him up after drinking. so i feel its the higher intellegence who controls all the happenings in this world when ever we see such stuffs n feel like helping them we should pray to the higher intellegence 2 help them.well that is coz i believe in karma.if u r born in a rich family its yor karma n if the bookseller is born in a poor family its his karma. again that child might feel happy 4 smallest of things but u dont,that again coz of individual karma.about work..well i hav even seen a blind man selling agarbattis..so u need not be fit to work.. u need to have the will power n dignity.i hav see a person not having one hand carrying heavy load on his shoulders.:)well i told u these things not to give u GYAN against wat u wrote but to let u know things that u might not have noticed till yet.may be the concept of karma is not that accepted by u so when we talk i shall try to tell u abt it(may be soon) (not preach coz thats something i m not suppose to.i can give my views its on you to except it or not.take me as a radio accept wat u understand forget if u dont wanna understant[:)].hope u get my point [:)]